Church of st Saviour in Chora
The Church of St. Savior in Chora is considered to be one of the most beautiful examples of a Byzantine Church. The church is situated in the western, Edirnekapi district of Istanbul. In the 16th century, the church was converted into a mosque by the Ottoman rulers, and it became a secularized museum in 1948. The interior of the building is covered with fine mosaics and frescoes.
The Chora Church is not as large as some of other Byzantine churches of Istanbul, but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in the beauty of its interior with the mosaics and frescoes.