Are Museums in Turkey open in Public Holidays and Eid Holidays?Tour Guide Zerrin
Yes, Museums in Turkey are all open during public and Eid holdiays. City Museums are mostly closed on Mondays. But I list the closed days of famous museums in Turkey.
- Hagia Sophia Museum was converted to a functional mosque in 2020 and 7 days open. Topkapı Palace is closed on TUESDAYS.
- Underground cistern is open 7 days a week. But nowadays, it is closed because of renovation.
- Chora Museum was converted to a functional mosque in 2020 and 7 days open.
- Pammakaristos Museum are closed on WEDNESDAYS
- Dolmabahçe Palace is closed on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS.
- Beylerbeyi Palace is closed on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS.
- Blue Mosque is not a museum and as a functional Mosque open to visitors except the praying times. And it is free entry.
- Open Air Museums such as Ephesus, Pergamon, Cappadocia are all open 7 days a week.